- Our two-week intensive immersion program is designed to get you using the Spanish you know.
- We take all that you've learned in traditional classes and start moving you forward from there.
- Within days you'll be talking, and by the end of the course you'll be carrying on conversations in Spanish.
- You'll be able to obtain a patient history and understand the patient's symptoms and concerns.
- You'll be able to provide clear care instructions.
- You'll be able to talk with a partient's caregivers about the patient's health and healthcare needs.
- Your cultural competence in caring for Hispanic patients will be greatly enriched. You'll learn much more about Hispanic culture. You'll be out and about talking with locals and always be actively participating in the daily life.
- The people of Veracruz love visiting with foreigners. They are warm and welcoming people who will open their hearts to
This course is for nurses who have studied Spanish but still aren't able to speak it.
- Many study Spanish in a standard classroom and gain a great deal of valuable knowledge about the language, but few truly
begin to speak.
- Our non-traditional instruction along with our small group size provides a safe and encouraging setting where students
begin speaking almost immediately.
- Class is conversation oriented and is activity driven. Conversation oriented gives you lots and lots of practice speaking
and listening. The many different activities prepare you to talk in a variety of situations.
- You'll practice with many different staff members. This better prepares you to understand many different patient
- You'll have six class hours (theory) and three hours of lab. If you wish to practice more, staff is available up to
an additional five hours.
- New concepts will be explained in English so they are fully understood and immediatly they will be used in Spanish.
- You'll have many chances to role-play direct patient care situations and also caregiver situations.
- After hours, away from school, as you're out around town, you'll be speaking Spanish--it's all great practice, and
it's 100% authentic.
If it's been a while since you studied Spanish, a lot will have slipped your mind.
- But that's no problem at all. We'll review all the grammar you need, and we'll help you brush up on vocabulary you've
- We'll add all the new grammar that's needed.
- We'll increase your general vocabulary.
- We'll add lots of medical terminology.
- We'll work with you on colloquial constructions your patients are likely to use.
- We'll keep all of it focused on getting you speaking Spanish--providing nursing care in Spanish.
- And we'll help you understand how Hispanics view health and medical care.
- Additionally we'll help you better understand interpersonal dynamics in Hispanic culture.
- Also we'll help you more clearly see the culture in general.
Pricing and what's included.
The price for this two week course is 1375.00 US Dollars
For two people coming together and sharing a room, the price is 1250.00 USD each.
Prices subject to change; please check with us for latest pricing.
Included are the following:
Six hours of theory and three hours of lab each day for a total of ten days.
Maximum group size of five.
Housing (air conditioned room with private bath) in the school's gracious and traditional Mexican home
Two meals a day five days a week, and snacks and "recalentados" are available,
All texts and school materials with the exception of your personal copy of 501 Spanish Verbs, and your favorite dictionary (paper
High speed Internet access (ethernet or 802.11 b and g wireless) using your computer or ours,
Weekly laundry service (no dry cleaning or pressing),
Airport pick-up upon your arrival,
And here's a list of little things always available that students tell us are charged for in some schools--drinking water,
coffee and tea, fruit, popcorn, kleenex, towels for the beach, air conditioning, "reheats" (the leftovers from the day's
La Comida), bus fares during outings, email computer.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered
Nursing, Provider Number 15394
for 70 contact hours
Refund Policy--100% refund when notification of cancellation
is received by us at least 14 days before the scheduled arrival date. Otherwise no refund.
Eric W. Langner,
The Language Immersion School
Alacio Pérez #61, Col. R. Flores Magón
Veracruz, Veracruz, Mexico 91900
Our San Francisco number is 415.939.4388. This rings through to us in Veracruz.