Veracruz is a warm and friendly city. The locals are the nicest people in the world, and they love visiting with you.
Veracruz is one of the world's safest cities, and you'll likely be out enjoying the food and music and culture until late in the evening.
With friendly folks conversation often tends toward our hopes and dreams and what's important. It tends toward what could be or might be, and what we believe and don't believe. It tends toward needing to use the Subjunctive.
We want you to be able to get to know the local folk and carry on these conversations. They make for moments you'll remember forever, and (being school oriented for a second) they are great conversation practice and a great chance to improve and improve your command of the Subjunctive mood expressed in its various tenses.
Only practice leads to mastery of the Spanish subjunctive, and no where is the chance to practice it more fun and more heart-warming than in Veracruz..
Spam guard is a problem. If our reply isn't in your inbox promptly, please look in your spam or email us again.
Our U.S. number is (415) 939-4388. This is a San Francisco number that rings right through to us in Veracruz.
The School's Mexico Address
The Language Immersion School
Calle Alacio Pérez #61
Col. R. Flores Magón
Veracruz, Ver. Mexico
Within Mexico (229) 931-4716,
Within Mexico Cellular (229) 207-1929
Our Spanish Subjunctive Intensive Immersion
- The Focus
- Subjunctive is often the last major element of Spanish to fall in place. If you're speaking but never sure about when to use subjunctive, or if sometimes you're getting it right but other times not, you probably notice the communication troubles it causes. Getting you comfortable with the subjunctive, getting the subjunctive flowing in your conversations, is the focus of this program.
Our teachers were all excellent and we especially enjoyed the week we spent with Eric and Paula on the subjunctive. ROGER P. M.D., CANADA
- Making the Spanish Subjunctive Easier To Learn.
- For many (even for many who speak at a high intermediate level), the subjunctive seems insurmountable, ...but is isn’t.
- We’re not aware of using the subjunctive in English, and many of our English constructions avoid it all together. Because of this it can be very hard to see just what it is and how it works.
- Subjunctive is far more easily learned in a conversational environment than it is trying to understand it from a lecture, or a chapter in a textbook, or a video online. The give and take of conversation offers you the chance to see it from all angles so that it finally begins to take shape and make sense.
- And making conversation even more powerful, in our non-traditional environment mistakes are treasures that help understanding (which is exactly what mistakes should be, but in most settings aren’t).
- Spanish subjunctive in context—clauses in sentences, sentences in paragraphs, paragraphs in subjects, subjects integrated into freely flowing conversation, the subjunctive in context is the easiest and fastest way for the subjunctive to make sense and feel right. And this makes it the easiest way finally to convert it to automatic in your spoken and written Spanish.
- Our Approach to Your Mastery of the Spanish Subjunctive
- We start out with a sensible and usable concept of what the subjunctive is. This clears out lots of roadblocks and starts you in a successful direction.
- Then we'll work on formation of subjunctive tenses. This is purely mechanical and early on we want to get it out of the way.
- We'll give you a clear understanding of the grammatical structures within which the subjunctive is used.
- Next we'll address the timeline sequencing of verb tenses in sentences requiring the subjunctive.
- And then you're ready for specific, easy-to-apply rules about when to use and when not to use the subjunctive. And you'll be ready to start using the subjunctive right away because already we'll have done all the preliminaries.
- Students who have been subjuctive-avoiders for years, relearning the subjunctive through this approach, quickly become happy subjunctive users.
- Subjunctive Practice Is Essential
- And all the way through, every step of the way, there's staff available with whom you can practice and practice every bit as much as you want.
- You'll get to practice forming the subjunctive, recognizing the structures in which subjunctive might be used and applying the verb tense timeline.
- You'll have all of the priliminaries under control before starting in on the rules of when to use and when not to use the subjunctive.
- After you begin with the rules, through lots and lots of conversation with staff and around town, you’ll start feeling the need for the subjunctive, and then soon (still getting more and more practice) the subjunctive will begin to flow almost automatically.
- College Credit and CEUs
- College credit is available through Pima Community
College in Tucson (email@example.com).
- CEUs are available from us, and we'll coordinate them with your business, organization or institution.
- Remember our Mix and Match
- You can pick and choose from all our programs. Maybe you'd like to learn
to make salsa, or go scuba diving (buceo in Spanish) or snorkeling. A day rafting or
birding would be great. There's more to do than time permits.
- A glance through the other program pages will show you the many choices you have.
- To get a closer look at the providers of the eco-tourism and adventure with whom we're
associated by friendship and a desire to support grassroots conservation please take a look at www.mexico-ecotourism.org. It's a group of locally-owned,
small businesses sharing the beauty and wonder of their communities and the excitment
of their adventure activities.
The key to your success with the no-longer-to-be-feared
- We always worry about our thoughts sounding like cliches. But it's inevitable since we approach language acquisition first and foremost as a human process. Human processes more than academic processes block the successful learning of the subjunctive. We tackle both problems at the same time.
- We tackle the academic process by developing a learnable and followable step-by-step sequence to the finished product we call the subjunctive. It works especially well.
- The key to learning the Spanish subjunctive is to make lots of mistakes and to learn from them. Making it safe to make mistakes and using mistakes to advantage is part of the human side of learning. We treasure mistakes. In our school's success-based environment, it's safe to make mistakes.
- Success-based is what works, and it’s also what’s fun.
|FREETIME ACTIVITIES--Everywhere is the Right Place to Speak Spanish.
|scuba diving the coral reefs
snorkeling the coral reefs
swimming in the Gulf
mountain and glacier climbing
|visiting archaeological ruins
visiting out of the way places
boating on the Gulf of Mexico
deep sea fishing
road and mountain biking